More Insightful Data, Better Tools, and Greater Efficiency with the Microsoft Power Platform
Data is everywhere, but are you able to use it effectively and efficiently? When you run a full-featured ERP like Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, you have all the information you need in one place, but how do you access it and take action based on it?
There’s excellent news for you! As a Microsoft product, your Business Central system is ready-made to connect to the entire suite of Microsoft tools, including the Power Platform.
Think of Power Platform as the canvas on which you hold all the different paints of your data together. The colors can blend at the edges, showing where things connect. As the user/painter, you have visibility and can take action over the whole thing, and a change in one part can affect how another part behaves in intuitive ways.
Power Platform is a collection of four different applications that work together and with all your data sources.
Each of these products expands what is possible for your business and amplifies the contributions of each team member.
Power Platform and Business Central
If you are already an Innovia customer or use Microsoft Business Central, you’re probably wondering how Power Platform fits with this product specifically.
In short, the skies are truly the limits. With the ability to directly access Business Central data and use it elsewhere, we can help you do things like:
- Take your approval process out of Business Central with Power Automate so that your approvers can respond to these requests without leaving Outlook. You also get a helpful Approval tracking page, so if you miss an email or need to catch up all at once, you can handle all your approvals in one place.
- Track your most important KPIs from Business Central for Finance, Manufacturing, and more! Because your Power BI reports and dashboards get data from the source, you can ensure the data is fresh when you need to see it. Just a few of the possibilities include:
- An Accounts Receivable dashboard to track outstanding invoices, who is paying late/early, and more.
- A Sales and COGS dashboard to track your margins at any time.
- An item price tracker that lets you know when your most recent purchase was outside the standard price you set in your system and which production BOMs include it so you can proactively make changes.
- Allow your operations team to enter data from their work without needing to sit in front of a PC. Create a mobile app that gives them all the functionality they need to document their work right in your ERP. No more middle-man spreadsheets, external systems, or notepads!
These are just a few of the use cases we’ve seen for Power Platform with Business Central. As we talk to you, we’ll likely come up with more. The true potential of Power Platform is that it can be tailored to meet your needs and built to handle your processes—all without losing the integrity of having the actual data in one ERP system.
Ready to Get Started? Innovia Consulting Can Help!
If you’re ready to get the analytics, automation, and customized app solutions that will help your business work better, Innovia Consulting is here to assist you.
Innovia can provide the know-how to get you started connecting all the data sources that matter to you and developing the dashboards, apps, and automated workflows you need with its Power Platform specialists.
Like what you see and want to know if it is a fit for your business? Be sure to reach out to your customer engagement specialist or set an appointment with one of our solution specialists today.