Business Central / NAV
Do you need support for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, or Navision? Submitting a support ticket with Innovia Consulting is easy and convenient. Below are the three ways to submit a support ticket.
- Email: Sending your ticket to email@example.com is the preferred method to submit non-emergency support requests. Sending your ticket via email activates our automated tracking system. This system is monitored during working hours, and as a request is received, it is assigned to the support person best able to help you. We typically respond to requests within an hour.
- Phone: Our support phone number is 855-856-8764, and response is generally immediate, with a live receptionist 24/7. Please use our phone line for the quickest response to emergency support requests. After hours, if you wish to speak with any Business Central support person, the operator will patch you directly through to their cell phone.
- Support Portal: Contact your Innovia Customer Success Manager to sign up. Once connected, you can go here to login.
Identify Urgency and/or a Due Date
- Emergency scenarios will take priority – Examples include system failures, no one can ship product, user cannot function, etc.
- Identify the main point of contact and include contact information. If an end user is having issues, we will need to have access to that person to assist and debug.
- Screenshot the error message box.
- Provide a breadcrumb path to the page or report where the issue is being encountered.
- Identify the button(s) being depressed to obtain the issue
- Identify specific filters being applied to the page or report
- Identify impacted document numbers of problematic transactions
Provide steps to recreate the issue
- Business Central / NAV allows for personalization; therefore, screen options vary not only between customers but also between users.
- When possible, replicating problematic conditions and queuing them up in a TEST environment is optimal. This allows for immediate debugging versus spending time attempting to recreate the issue.
- When entering a ticket you will receive an auto-response that we have received your request.
- In the first hour, the ticket will be reviewed by the support dispatcher and assigned to the appropriate member of the Innovia support team as the ticket owner.
- Within the next 2 hours, the ticket owner will reach out to you via email or phone to let you know they have been assigned to your ticket and will be your point person for the duration of the ticket. They may request additional information, a screen-sharing session, or a conference call to gather more details.
- Once work has begun, they will update you throughout the life of the ticket. You will receive updates and requests for approval on additional time needed, changes to the approved design document or work plan, schedule changes, and delivery date changes. At no time should you go more than a couple of days without an update from the ticket owner.
- Our average days to close on service and support tickets is under 14 days; For urgent tickets, the average is less than 2 hours.
Whenever a support request is initiated, we will bill in 15-minute increments. However, many of our customers enjoy our common sense when a quick question does not get invoiced.
There are several ways that support requests can be streamlined to save time and money:
Write non-critical requests on a 30-day list. If you still need them after 30 days, then initiate the request.
Channel support requests through only one of your employees. This way, we do not have multiple people calling for the same request.
Create a written spec or print screen of the issue and prepare as much information as possible. Often when the issue is written down, the answer becomes apparent.
We believe that an end-user should be as self-sufficient as possible. To help reach this goal, most of our clients attend our report and development training. This training does not make users specialists at creating customizations, but rather they become familiar enough with coding to assist an expert developer by correctly documenting the required work. If a specification can be created for us, it saves as much as 75% of our time.
Our Business Central, NAV, and Navision support is typically immediate. In most cases, a support person can be working with you to identify the problem within an hour. If the issue requires a higher level of business sense or in-depth application analysis, the developer may schedule a Teams meeting to review the issue, create the spec, and give an estimate if warranted. We pride ourselves on maintaining a fast turnaround time.
Not an Innovia Customer Yet?
No problem. We'd love to have a conversation about how Innovia's fast, responsive team of Business Central/ NAV support experts can help you address any issue you are facing. Give us a call any time at 800-834-7700 or submit a Contact Us form today to get started.
We’ve specialized in Dynamics 365 Business Central and NAV (and Navision) since 1999 and are a leading Microsoft partner. Our team of consultants, developers, and ERP specialists has the business acumen, industry knowledge, and technical expertise needed to meet any BC/NAV challenge. In other words, we have your back to provide:
- Ongoing support for your technical infrastructure and/or Microsoft Dynamics solution
- Assistance with the selection and implementation of new accounting/ERP software and Third Party Apps solutions (AKA ISVS)
- Report, form, and page customizations
- Support for occasional IT issues or projects