Dynamics NAV Support FAQs
1. How are support questions sent via email handled? What is the typical response time?
A support request can be initiated by email or phone. If your issue requires immediate attention, please call our support team directly at 855-856-8764.
Email. To email a support request with our automated tracking system, send an email to email@example.com. This email system is monitored during working hours and as a request is received it is assigned to the relevant NAV support person. Requests are generally responded to within an hour.
Phone. Our phone support number is 855-856-8764 and response is generally immediate, with a live receptionist 24×7. After hours, if you wish to speak with any support person in our firm, the operator will patch you directly through to their cell phone.
2. What is your philosophy on “stupid” questions that require less than a minute or so to answer? Is this a billable situation? Explain when non-billable becomes billable?
You have to assume that whenever a support request is initiated, we will bill in 15 minute increments. However, many of our customers enjoy our common sense when a 2 minute question does not get invoiced.
There are several ways that NAV or Navision support requests can be streamlined, thus saving a tremendous amount of money.
- Write non-critical requests on a 30 day list. If you still need them after 30 days, then initiate the request.
- Channel support requests through only one of your employees. This way we do not have many people calling for the same request.
- Create a written spec or print screen of the issue and prepare as much information as possible. Many times as the issue is being written down, the answer becomes apparent.
3. What is your philosophy regarding teaching the user how to create reports, modify screens or other modifications that could be viewed as the VAR’s area of expertise?
We believe that an end-user should be as self-sufficient as possible and most of our clients will attend our report and development training. This is not done to be a specialist in creating customizations, but rather to be familiar with coding to assist an expert developer by correctly documenting the required work. If a specification can be created for us it saves as much as 75% of our time.
4. If we are experiencing a significant issue regarding Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision), how long will it take for an Innovia consultant to meet with us, identify the problem, provide proposal for modifications, instruct programmers on mod, test and deliver?
Our NAV and Navision support is typically immediate, so getting a support person to work with you to identify the problem is generally within an hour. If the significant issue requires a higher level of business sense or in-depth application understanding, the developer may schedule a teleconference or meeting to review the issue, create the spec and give an estimate if warranted. We pride ourselves in a very high turnaround time.