As we are all painfully aware, the COVID pandemic is only part of the ongoing supply chain chaos. Container congestion, political issues, wars, tariffs, and natural disasters are also factors. It seems disruptions in the supply chain beyond any individual’s control are commonplace today.
While your supply chain may seem unmanageable, there are elements that you can control, and that’s where Lanham’s solutions come into play.
Lanham supply chain solutions are all built directly inside D365 Business Central and use the same user interface, navigation, business logic, and data storage. This eliminates the need for customers to interact with multiple applications and makes it easy and seamless to securely access supply chain data in their familiar Business Central system. It also means the start-up time is dramatically reduced compared to other systems – resulting in a quicker time to value.
Lanham started its relationship with Microsoft in 1997 when it created the original Advanced Distribution functionality for Navision (the original version of Business Central/NAV). And we’ve been creating innovative supply chain software to help streamline customers’ business processes, cut costs, and increase productivity ever since.
The Supply Chain Wheel
We know there are many elements in the supply chain. That’s why we offer a full suite of supply chain solutions available as extensions in on-premises, subscription, or BC online platforms. Our solutions are shown here in the context of the distribution industry and are explained as follows:
- Lanham EDI – Connects all supply chain elements as shown by the blue line. Lanham EDI offers the most extensive set of EDI documents available for Business Central, automatically translating each into a native BC document to ease working with them. Lanham EDI also delivers unprecedented synchronization for inventory with 3PLs for both EDI and non-EDI orders.
- Demand Planning – Combines forecasting and replenishment to help you understand your inventory needs and get the right product to the right place at the right time.
- Inbound Container – This app simplifies accurate FOB payments and processes while providing visibility to your on-the-water inventory so you can prepare for what’s coming in.
- E-Receive – Once the inventory is in, this solution helps you start barcoding and putting the items away. (For more complex and formal needs, we offer ACE Warehousing, which enables paperless warehousing and real-time inventory access.)
- Outbound Warehouse Request (OWR) – Can be used with or without ACE Warehousing. It allows you to prioritize your outbound shipments through many pre-determined parameters, or you can also set your own priorities. One of its features worth noting is Pick Request, which optimizes order shipping even if you do not have a warehouse management system.
- E-Ship – Offers rate shopping at the sales order, pack-line scanning, a fast ship option, packaged carrier shipments, or LTL. It also manages your shipping devices, such as label printers, scanners, scales, printers, and even dimensional scanners. E-Ship enables UPS, FedEx, and USPS inside BC and can be tightly coupled with EDI for automated Advanced Ship Notices.
- ACE Warehousing – Provides mobile, real-time data-validated access to your inventory via handheld devices, eliminating paper and improving control over warehouse tasks, with options from basic to comprehensive WMS.
- Managed EDI Services -- Remote day-to-day operations and management of customers’ EDI by Lanham personnel as needed.
Lanham solutions are highly configurable. Each one can work on its own, or they can work seamlessly together – allowing customers to start anywhere, and add apps as their business needs grow.