Microsoft Dynamics NAV is designed specifically to help your business optimize manufacturing operations. If you have found your business is lagging in productivity and not keeping up with the competition, this application may be just what you need to streamline operations and to increase business growth.
Part of a series of world-class Microsoft Dynamics business solutions, NAV provides a complete set of tools for planning, managing, executing, reporting and analyzing manufacturing operations of all scales. The application handles all aspects of the manufacturing process from the shop floor to the accounting and management offices. If your manufacturing business seems bogged down, consider how these Microsoft Dynamics NAV features can help you jump-start your business and maintain smooth efficient operations.
- Automation – You can streamline operations by automating a wide range of processes from logistics to production and delivery.
- Increased Visibility – Gain new vantage points to monitor your manufacturing systems and detect the processes that work and the ones that need greater attention.
- Increased Customer Responsiveness – Gain improved capability to respond quickly to customer requirements using the application’s features that allow for multiple planning outlays, last-minute changes and real time tracking. Microsoft Dynamics NAV also allows you to provide the customer with more accurate and timely information on their order status and delivery.
- Simplify processes - The NAV application allows manufacturing operations to quickly and easily organize workflow and simplify routines.
How Microsoft Dynamics NAV has helped manufacturing companies
While many software solutions can roll out claims, producing real world results is another matter. Microsoft Dynamics provides a long list of case studies showing in detail how NAV has helped manufacturing companies streamline their operations and improve business growth.
The travel services firm, Thomas Cook Northern Europe, for example, adopted the software solution for financial management during a costly transition period. The company had also considered the SAP system but decided on NAV because of its greater versatility and simplicity. The NAV system required only four months to implement fully and resulted in an eight percent increase in accounting productivity and a 30 percent reduction in accounting overtime work. The company achieved a full return on its investment in just two years.
The Oman-based Al Maha Petroleum Products Company also benefited from Microsoft Dynamics NAV through the application’s capability of providing increased visibility across all manufacturing processes. Al Maha used NAV to identify problem areas and to make more effective decisions on adjustments to their operations. The improvements to the company’s planning, reporting and analytical capabilities resulted in 30 percent increased productivity and a 25 to 30 percent decrease in manual work.
In another case study, Gumdrop Books, a provider of books and data services to public and school libraries, replaced its older Epicor ERP software with the Microsoft Dynamics NAV system. The company also considered switching to SAP, but decided that NAV provided better flexibility and was easier to learn and use. The new solution was used to improve performance in order management, fulfillment, inventory and other logistical areas. Employees are now able to work faster and to make better decisions.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV provides a wide range of tools that address all aspects of manufacturing operations including:
- Automated Data Collection System – Analyze your operations with greater visibility and more accurate data with real time inventory data harvesting.
- Bills of material - Manage different types of bills of material with greater ease and efficiency.
- Production management – Plan and modify production operations. Create more efficient schedules.
- Handling exceptions – Gain increased flexibility by customizing exceptions and options.
- Promising orders – Provides increased accuracy with available-to-promise and capable-to-promise options.
- Warehouse/Inventory management – Integrate and gain tighter control over manufacturing and warehousing processes. Optimize space usage and improve accuracy of inventory data.
- Manufacturing costs – Gain greater visibility of costs throughout the production process.
In conclusion, if you feel that your manufacturing operations are not moving at optimal efficiency, Microsoft Dynamics NAV may be just what you need to tweak the system. Probably the software’s greatest feature is the increased visibility that it provides allowing
you to make adjustments that can improve performance.