That time of year is almost upon us again for Holiday celebrating. A wonderful time of year to be sure but a time that can be made even more enjoyable if you know which wines to pick out for that Thanksgiving dinner or to give as a gift for Christmas or Hanukkah!Read More
- The House on the Rock was designed and built in the early 1940s. It is considered an architectural marvel and is perched on a 60-foot chimney of rock. The 14-room house is now a complex of rooms, streets, buildings, and gardens covering over 200 acres. The Infinity Room contains 3,264 windows.
- In 1882 the first hydroelectric plant in the United States was built at Fox River.
- The first practical typewriter was designed in Milwaukee in 1867.
- Wausau is the Ginseng Capital of the World.
- The American Birkebeiner, a 52K cross-country ski race between Cable and Hayward, is the largest on the North American continent.
- Mount Horeb is the home to the Mustard Museum.
- Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells is the nation's largest water-themed park.
- The original Barbie is from Willows. Barbie's full name is Barbie Millicent Roberts.
- The first Ringling Brothers Circus was staged in Baraboo in 1884.
- Famous Wisconsinites include:
South Bend, IN: Home of Microsoft Dynamics Partner and More
1. The University of Notre Dame's Main Building has 1,250 thin strips of 8 oz. 23-karat gold, 3 microns thick.Read More